The Women’s Ministry department works diligently to accomplish the following:
- Place a women’s ministries leader in every local church in your conference.
- To be a resource person for local church Women’s Ministries leaders by providing counsel, leadership training, and resource materials.
- To provide information and reports about women’s ministries to the conference administrators and executive committee.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Chair the conference Women’s Ministries Committee which is composed of selected local church Women’s Ministries leaders and other women interested in women’s needs and concerns. The purpose of the committee is to brainstorm, develop strategies, network, and assist in planning and implementing programs and activities for women.
- Coordinate conference Women’s Ministries activities, including, but not limited to, women’s retreats, one-day seminars, Women’s Ministries activities held during camp meeting, and leadership training events.
- Gorgeous to God Blog
- Books related to teen girls by Vicki Courtney: “Cherish” and “Reflect.”
- Helpful workbook for teens by Sheri Van Dijk: “Don’t Let Your Emotions Run Your Life”
- Book related to Sex by Craig Cross’: The Volunteer’s Guide to Sex—Guiding Teens on Issues from Pornography to Purity
WOMEN’S MINISTRY NEWS
The Lake Region Conference Women’s Ministry invites you to attend the 2017 Women’s Retreat and experience the joy of the Lord. Attendees will join many Adventist women for a weekend of spiritual renewal on the beautiful LAKE WAWASEE. Our theme is “WOMEN OF STRENGTH!” Women will be inspired, encouraged, and challenged by dynamic speakers, outstanding music, and intimate moments with God through prayer. REGISTER NOW!