The mission of the Ministerial Department is to empower the ministerial community in leading churches to reach their world for Christ. The Ministerial Director serves as the pastor’s pastor. He is to encourage and support the pastors and Bible Instructors in their ministry.
Services and programs provided by the Ministerial Director include:
- Coordinating and monitoring yearly plans presented by the pastors for their district
- Developing the pastors’ skills in their ministry
- Providing continuing education for the pastors in our conference through seminarsand workshops
- Working with Administration on pastors’ meetings and fellowship
- Counseling with Conference Administration and Personnel Committee regarding placement and development
- Encouraging the husband and wife teams that are doing pastoral ministry
- Designing and utilizing a pastoral evaluation for ministers
- Seminars and workshops for local elders’ seminars and training
The Ministerial Director serves as a liaison between Conference Administration and the needs of the pastors throughout the conference.The Ministerial Director reports to the Conference President and through him to the Conference Executive Committee and the Constituency. The Director also works with the ministerial departments of the Lake Union Conference, North American Division, and the General Conference.