The Health Ministries’ mission is to demonstrate God’s love by promoting whole person health principles to Adventist church leaders, members and the community at large, assisting people from all ages, gender, and ethnicity in reaching their full potential for wholeness and a productive abundant life. Health Ministry is the gospel of Christ illustrated, the message of God practiced. Without it, the gospel witness is muted; it is merely a theory, an idea.
The main aim is for each church in the Lake Region to become a center for health, healing, and wholeness in the community where people may increase their health awareness, learn to incorporate standards for healthful living, and find restoration in Christ for a hurting body, mind, or soul.
How we serve:
Health Ministry serves as a resource for information and counsel on health and temperance affairs, and advises the church and its departments and agencies, in the development and administration of health and/or temperance policies and programsPromotes a healthful lifestyle among church members through literature, programs, and Sabbath services
- Provides through publications, services, and programs, an ongoing witness to the world concerning the physical, mental, and soul-destroying effects of tobacco, alcohol, and other harmful substances
- Sponsors and/or organizes societies to effectively involve church and non-church organizations in united endeavors to promote the non-use of tobacco, alcohol, and other harmful substances
- Encourages involvement in the evangelistic thrust of the church by developing resources that support renewal of mission hospitals and clinics
- We provides support of Seventh-day Adventist® healthcare institutions, clinics, and health/temperance programs. This is done through memberships on boards, inspections, assistance in recruiting personnel, cooperation with community programs, and support for spiritual ministries including the work of chaplains
- Maintains liaison with Seventh-day Adventist® health professional organizations such as dentists, dietitians, nurses, optometrists, and physicians
- Promotes and/or sponsors health seminars and workshops, including an annual Health Summit in Orlando, FL, aimed at equipping health ministry leaders for service
- Develops and/or catalogs resource material for health education and programs
- Provides training for health directors, lay health leaders, pastors, faith community nurses and other health professionals, on how to conduct a vibrant and comprehensive health ministry at the local church level, while building partnerships with other ministries, health institutions and organizations with similar goals
NEWSLETTER MAY 2017
Staying healthy is an ongoing effort. We are here to help. The following is our newsletter filled with upcoming events and health tips to make the LRC a healthy Conference.