CAREER OPPORTUNITY: CONFERENCE AUDITOR | LRC HR DEPARTMENT
The Lake Region Conference seeks an Auditor to complete regular church and school audits for effective monitoring of fiduciary responsibilities; prepare reports on compliance with established internal control procedures and standards and on problems that require strengthening of internal controls; and provide support to local church and school treasurers.
Position Summary: Responsible for conducting regular church and school audits for effective monitoring of fiduciary responsibilities. Must be a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in regular standing. Requires travel throughout the conference territory, initiative, sound judgment, and a high level of communication, organizational and technical skills. Must be a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in regular standing.
Essential Job Functions
· Assist with monthly processing of church remittances
· Regularly reviews and evaluates administrative and accounting controls of churches and schools for compliance with NADWP SA 05 27
· Prepares reports on compliance with established internal control procedures and standards and on problems that require strengthening of internal controls; discusses findings with auditees
· Determines if the system of authorization and recording procedures are adequate to provide reasonable accounting control over assets, liabilities, income and expenses.
· Reviews cash control procedures and monitors safeguarding of assets.
· Determines if there is segregation of duties and dual control, as necessary
· Recommends new policies and procedures
· Reviews pertinent documents necessary to determine if an audit trail exists for all records and systems
· Reviews accounts for unauthorized activity
· Monitors activity and file maintenance in accounting records and data processing systems
· Provide support to local church and school treasurers
· Knowledge of fund accounting and church structure and policies
· Answer all emails and phone calls in a timely professional manner
· Travel required to conduct audits
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Management, Finance or other relevant field which included coursework in auditing and accounting.
· One to three years relevant successful work experience required
Required Knowledge and Skill
· Must exhibit extensive initiative; often working with minimal supervision. Ability to perform duties with speed and accuracy without constant supervision and meet required deadlines.
· Strict adherence to professional ethics
· Adaptable and able to evaluate priorities.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Strong analytical and research skills.
· Solid organizational skills, especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details.
· Ability to multi-task while working independently or within a group environment.
· Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Knowledge of internal controls and how they are used to manage risk.
· A basic knowledge and understanding of internal auditing standards and techniques as well as general accounting methods, principles and practices.
· Advanced computer skills, including the newest versions of MS Windows, Office 2016, Mac OSX and other accounting softwares and databases
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
Email cover letter and resume to Teresa Best at email@example.com