The Lake Region Conference of Seventh-day Adventists Public Affairs and Religious Liberty (PARL) ministry seeks to advocate, teach and sustain God’s love in hastening the soon Second Coming of Christ. The PARL ministry is simply based upon respect for one another (Luke 6:31), showing yourself friendly (Proverbs 18:24 and Micah 6:8) and freedom of conscience for everyone (Joshua 24:15 and John 16:8-9).
The PARL ministry works closely in partnering with pastors, collaborating with local church PARL directors to create a movement with members to advocate (Proverbs 31:8-9) and advance (Deuteronomy 16:20) the cause of public affairs and religious liberty.
The PARL ministry partners with pastors and PARL leaders to strengthen and fortify the PARL ministry at the local church and their respective community. The PARL ministry services include the following:
- Train pastors, PARL directors and PARL teams in developing and/or strengthening the PARL ministry.
- Advocate for social justice, engagement, compassion, redemption and liberty of conscience.
- Link the PARL ministry to last-day events and prophecy.
- Help with workplace accommodation concerns.
- Partner with local PARL directors in planning and/or executing the PARL Day.
- Speak for PARL ministry related events.
- Organize the annual PARL Rallies in Detroit, Chicago and Illinois.
- Coordinate the Gift of Liberty in celebration of religious freedom.
- Orchestrate the PARL Forum at camp meeting.
- Assist with the Liberty magazine campaign.
PARL NEWS, UPDATES & RESOURCES
Contact the Public Affairs & Religious Liberty Department to have us come out to train, equip and educate your congregation. Below are a list of resource websites with valued information about current issues throughout the world affecting personal liberties.
PARL SUMMER 2017 PARTNER’S NEWSLETTER
Pastor Jaime Kowlessar of the Dallas City Temple Seventh-day Adventist Church PARL 2016 Sabbath Service
WATCH THE SERMON